NPSC Civil Service Exam Syllabus:
Nagaland Public Service Commission’s (NPSC) Civil Service Exam syllabus details are given below….
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination (MCQ):
The subjects to be covered will be as follows:
1. General Science: General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. History: Broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects, social and cultural heritage of India, emphasizing unity in diversity.
3. Nagaland: Social, cultural, and heritage of its people.
4. Geography: Geography of India including the physical, social, economic, geography and on main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
5. Indian Polity and Economy: Country’s political, Executive, Judicial System, Local Bodies, Rural and Community Development and Economic Planning in India.
6. Indian National Movement: Nature and character of the Nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
7. General Mental Ability Test: Analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, basic arithmetic, numerical ability, and basic concept of computers.
8. Current events: Latest development on all the fields detailed above including science and technology and environmental awareness.
Basic Science including basic numeric (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.) shall be of class X level.
Syllabus for Main Examination (Descriptive & MCQ):
1. General Essay, Comprehension & Grammar:
(i). There will be two General Essay Questions from the following topics:
Crisis management, Social problems, Analysis and solutions.
Current events of national and international importance.
Current events relating to State of Nagaland.
2. General Studies Paper – I (MCQ):
(i) Modern history of India and Indian culture.
(ii) Current events of national and international importance.
(iii) Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.
(iv) Basic and everyday science.
(v) Nagaland in all aspects. The modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (the advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi and Nehru. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common-sense conclusions from information presented in the statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations therein. Questions on basic and everyday science will cover matters of everyday observation and experiences of a modern man. General information on Nagaland will also be asked.
Paper – II (Descriptive)
(i) Indian polity and Public Administration.
(ii) Indian economy and geography.
(iii) Social problems and sensitive issues including environmental problems.
(iv) Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage.
(v) Administration in Nagaland.
- Indian polity and Public Administration will include questions on Constitution, administration and Political system in India.
- On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning, physical, economic and social geography of India.
- Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like child labour, HIV/AIDS, gender bias, minorities, SC/ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc. Global issues such as environmental problems will be covered.
- Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage and
- Nagaland administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, local bodies, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes, etc.
Paper-II will have different segments of questions ranging from 2 (two) marks to 20 (twenty) marks.